Friday, May 25, 2012

Update 2 from Dave

Greetings from St. Luke's Hospital in Overland Park, Kansas!!!! Tammy had a fairly restful night with the help from the pain meds. She was up at her usual time around 6-6:30. The sparkle increased in her eyes when food service came in with...not the food...but COFFEE!!!! Though I tried as I might to dissuade her from giving into such nasty stuff, my beloved bride won out and I fixed her coffee the way she likes it (I even went and got her some more)!!! The doctor came in and gave us the good news that Tammy can go home today. Dr. Neblock is very pleased with Tammy's progress. She did tell us that she wants Tammy to see an oncologist to determine if Tammy needs chemo treatments or not. Dr. Neblock is the ideal doctor (a superb combination of wisdom and bed-side manners). Tammy and I both absolutely love her!!! After the doctor left, Tammy accomplished the second big goal of the day and that was to brush her teeth (coffee was first, then the brushing). We went for a walk and now we are waiting for them to give Tammy her release papers.  Thanks again for your prayers and please keep lifting them up because Tammy feels them!!! We appreciate all the support and encouragement that we have received from such wonderful family and friends!!!

Dave

4 comments:

  1. I weep as I read your blogs..joy for you and Tammy to have such a Godly relationship and love for each other centered in Him...thankful for so many answered prayers, praying for God's continuing glory in this journey,loving you both so much ...continued prayers going up! sending much love and hugs...! Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm cheering you onward and praying you forward. You are loved beyond measure ~Karen Robertson

    "If I had been asked before I had cancer if I would go through it, I'd have said no. But, if you ask me now? I would say yes. Absolutely. Wouldn't have missed it."
    ~Liz Beal
    Victorious soldier-princess in Missouri

    "I never knew til the pain was at its very worst that there was a place of healing I had never been...in the Lord's lap on the throne. The lap of luxury. Don't cry for me."
    ~Shirley Monsees
    Victorious soldier-princess in Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating us all Dave. The Ungerer family is in prayer continuously for Tammy and your family. She is an amazing woman, dear friend, and I am blessed to know her and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the updates. We thought and prayed for you all day yesterday. Justin kept us updated as well. I laughed about the coffee... that would have been my first request too Tammy - a woman after my own heart! We love you guys SO much!

    ReplyDelete