Wednesday, June 13, 2012

 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15: 13

As I was looking for a verse to type, my dear friend had just text me this verse.  Thank you Gina, perfect verse- perfect timing!



Had a little bit of a rough day today.  My right side filled up with much, much fluid. (Sorry, I know that sounds disgusting,)  I thought I had grown another breast on my right side.....instantly.  There was so much swelling and tightness, I thought if I were to be pricked with a needle, I would pop.  The 2 ton elephant had returned....he decided he liked to hang out and rest on my chest a bit longer.  Called my surgeon, Dr. Neblock.....she says, "oh dear, sounds like a 'seroma'."  I'm thinking, what the heck....I have a what?  She explains that it's very common after such a major surgery, and my body is just making fluid to fill in 'empty' spaces where tissue used to be.  She suggested that I come to the office and have it aspirated and drained out.  To the office we go.....yep, definitely a seroma.....aspiration of fluid, and booo-yaah - INSTANT RELIEF!!!! Everything shrunk back to my new normal, and the elephant ran down the hall-  I felt SO much better!  Doc informed us that we may need to do this several times until healing is complete.  That's just fantastic.

I walked a bit further tonight....we were out for about 20 mins this time.  Pretty good, since normally its only about 6 mins.  I am progressing each day, and gaining more energy all the time. I  still can't lift much......(I miss watering my flowers.....for some reason that brings me great joy.)  But, my range of motion is improving, which is really nice.

A few goals I'm trying to achieve:

1) Walk for 30 mins.
2)  Fix the back of my hair
3)  Sleep on my side
4)  Sleep on my tummy
5)  Reach both arms up to the sky
6)  Go the entire day....without a nap
7)  Put on certain clothes
8)  Run the vacuum
9)  Get back to Church
10) Drive
11) Get back to work
12) Give tight, big hugs!

I can do it....I will do it...soon....very soon.

Until then, I will carry on and just  pause, rest, be still........~Selah~

No comments:

Post a Comment